Monday, November 23, 2015

Do not make home out of people.



home
hōm/

noun


  1. 1.
    the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household.

  2. 2.   
    an institution for people needing professional care or supervision.



There's this poem by Michelle K that I found a while back when I was strolling around the internet. It goes like this, 

"Do not make home out of people. 
This will leave you homesick and sad, 
missing arms that cannot hold roofs, 
and hearts with shaky foundations."

I think about this poem and realized how true it is. I mean, people often say that home is where your heart is.
Home is more than just a building, more than just a house. We called it home because of the people who lives in it. In other words, we are likely to make home out of people this whole time.

We are overly attached to someone to call them home. But we sometimes forget the most basic knowledge of human beings; they change and they are not eternal.
As you know, every second, the universe is changing. It's expanding, growing. And that's the same with people. They grow. Not just the body but also their minds, their feelings, and yes...their connection with us is growing too. Either it grow closer or in some unfortunate events, grow apart.
Also, people are not eternal. You know, we will die some day. All of us will.
So, eventually, we'll come to the state where we become homeless.

I guess that's why Hazel Grace in TFIOS think and act as if she was a grenade. "At some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties." 
She doesn't want to make people think of her as their home and vice versa.

Well it might sound too pessimistic but to be honest, it's easier like that; to be not too attached to people.
So when they're gone, it won't hurt that much.

3 comments:

  1. I was just about making this as my post either! but since you had posted it I think I'll start to reconsider this.
    but dear, sadly it's true and that's how life teaches us, and I think that is a fine way out to start making ourselves not too attached to a feeling or either to a person.
    I know, sad but true.

    btw nice thought! and please keep up the good spirit of blogging! haha
    love, Ela. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know riggghhttt! we shouldn't cling to those uncertain things...
      aww! you too!

      (and it's the end of main sok sokan jadi stranger baru ketemu di blog)

      Delete