Monday, June 27, 2016

Semarang Trip

First of all, I supposed to post this Semarang trip a few weeks ago but I didn't have a chance to post it because uni life had been really hectic these past few weeks. I got so many assignments to do. So, sorry for that. But don't worry I'm on a long holiday now! (YEAY)

A few weeks ago, we, Indonesian people, had a long weekend holiday started from Thursday to Sunday. My best friend, Dini, planned to go to Semarang on that holiday and she told me to join in because Semarang is just 3 hours away from Solo with car. We planned to visit our high school friend, Ditha, who go to a university there.

Semarang is beautiful city filled with a lot of vintage, indische empire style buildings. It's the capital city of Central Java province and it has a lot of cool spots to hangout with friends. 
So here are the places we visit on that trip. If you are planning to go to Semarang, you can add this places to you itinerary!


1. Kota Lama (Old Town)
Some people call this area as Little Netherland because there are a lot of historical buildings with the colonial style. Ditha said that Kota Lama is located in the centre of Semarang and one of the main tourist attraction in Semarang. The famous Gereja Blenduk (Blenduk Church) is located in this area too.

In this area, you can find a market that sells unique and vintage stuff such as vintage cameras, old phones, vintage posters, vintage ceramics and porcelains, etc.

2. Spiegel Bar & Bistro


It was located in the Kota Lama area. The bistro takes place in one of the old buildings in Kota Lama. The place are great and cozy, it has a strong european style with a little bit of spooky vibes from an old building. The buildings is two story house, but they only use the first floor for the bistro. The second floor is open for rent. They also have a roof top which is I think would be really good for a small outdoor birthday party with close friends and families.

Spiegel is a german word means mirror. I think that quite explains the big windows they have. For me, that is a plus point. I always love buildings with big windows on it. You can enjoy your meal or coffee while admiring the view outside, or observing people's activities.
The food, though, is not really amusing for us. It tastes pretty regular, nothing special. And the price is a bit pricey. But they have a really good gelato.

3. Tekodeko

And there's another café in the same area, Tekodeko Koffiehuis. It's not far from spiegel. They sells coffee and some other drinks, and they also have choices of snacks and food. The place is really cozy. We went there for a bit because we really tiralking around and we need something to drink. That day in Kota Lama, there's an event called Semarang Night Carnival so we plan to see that too. And we wait for the event to start there.

The drinks are great. I mean, we chose the drinks randomly but we were all satisfied. You should definitely come here if you go around the area!


4. Sam Poo Kong

I would say that this is the most famous tourist attraction in Semarang. Don't ask me why, but I think everytime anyone come to Semarang they will visit the Sam Poo Kong.
Hey, it looks like we're in China!

5. Pagoda Avalokitesvara Buddhagaya Watugong

Another tourist attraction and it's kinda similar with the Sam Poo Kong. China van Semarang 2.0!

6. Kampoeng Semawis

It is a night market, with full of foods! They sell I think almost any type of food. Chinese foods, Indonesian foods, Japanese foods, unique foods, they have it all. I came there and try some foods and it was amazing. Too bad because it is night and there were so many people there, I couldn't take a photo. But I definitely recommend you to come here if you say you love food.

I made a video diary of my Semarang trip on youtube. Give it a thumbs up if you like it and don't forget to subscribe! I will make more videos, so stay tune!

3 comments:

  1. alhamdulillah akhirnya ke post juga ya jaaan, btw I spot a word "tiralking" in this post. since I'm not really sure then I will asked you whether it's a slang word I don't know orr? may be you could just let me know, lol.

    best regards, Els.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alhamdulillah elsss, where? I couldn't find it haha, it's probably a typo!

      Delete